Have you ever had an occasion where you wanted to give someone flowers, but you were unsure as to what kind to get? Well, we have a handy guide to some of the most popular occasions and which kinds of flowers are appropriate.
1. Valentine’s Day – This one may be a no brainer, but the idea here when getting flowers for that special someone is “heat.” On the most romantic day of the year, you want to look for flowers that are rich reds and pinks. These show passion and love, which is what Valentine’s Day is all about! However, if you’re getting flowers for Mom or your sister, go with a light pink and purple bouquet.
2. Birth/Baby Shower – A new baby is a time for happiness and celebration. Tulips represent new life and love. They come in a variety of colors and you could maybe match the birthstone of the new baby. Another great flower is a Gerber Daisy because these are bright and cheerful. If all else fails, choose flowers you think the new mother would appreciate.
3. Funeral – The loss of a loved one is never easy. Giving someone flowers is a great way to show you care. The traditional sympathy flower is white, which represents peace. White roses and lilies are good options for giving to a grieving friend or for a funeral.
4. Get Well – Do you have a friend or family member who is under the weather? Send them some flowers to cheer them up! Choose flowers like Gerber Daisies or Button Poms in bright colors like hot pink or lime green. If they are in the hospital, these flowers will make the drabbest room look happy!
5. Host/Hostess Gifts – It is always a great idea to show the host/hostess you appreciate them. Give them flowers that follow the theme of the occasion. If it was a Christmas party, send them a wintery bouquet with red roses and pinecones. If he or she threw you a wedding shower, send them a bouquet with your wedding colors. The host or hostess will appreciate the thought and it’s a way to thank them for a great event.
Whatever the occasion, the right flowers make all the difference. If you are still unsure as to what kind of flowers to get, just ask your florist (AKA us!). We would be happy to assist you. Our website is also categorized with everything occasion under the sun to make for easy shopping. We have a Pinterest as well with different boards to help you find the right flower.